Everything you must know in one place
Let’s Encode is a leader in online privacy rights. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to you, our customer, through transparent, easy-to-understand information regarding our data practices. You will understand what we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. This policy applies to all Let’s Encode brands, websites, apps, products, services or technologies (we will collectively refer to these as “Services”). Additional privacy practices for certain Services can be found in Details for Specific Products and Services.
Information Collection: Account Level
At an Account Level, we collect and use information necessary to enable you to purchase and manage Services, provide you with support for those Services and to curate your experience with us. Some information is collected and used based on contractual consent and other is based on informed consent, which may be changed at any time.
Information Collection: Site Usage
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), such as IP address, cookie information, so that we may recognize your devices to provide you with legal notices (if required by your country of residence), support services (when you contact our support staff) and personalized experiences on our site and emails. Certain types of collection and use may be optional and controlled via our cookie tools.
Information from Others. We are dedicated to continually improving your experience on our website. Like many companies, we use third-parties to help us track browsing, identify technical issues and provide ways to enhance your overall experience. Several of the tools that we use and what they do are:
- Log Files: We use information gathered about you from our site statistics via log files provided by third-party tracking partners (for example, your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experiences more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Gifs: Our third-party tracking utility company employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with unique identifiers, similar in function to cookies; they are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Our tracking utility company does not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
- Contests: From time to time we request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and the user, therefore, has a choice whether or not to respond and disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and/or any other purpose that we explicitly disclose in the contest rules.
- Testimonials: We post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email, prior to posting the testimonial, to post their name along with their testimonial. If you would like to request the removal of your testimonial from the site contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Blog: Our website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected and used by others who access it. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information. If this occurs, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Third-Party Product Offerings & Websites: Our site also contains links to other third-party websites, especially where we offer their products or services. Letsencode (www.letsencode.com) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
How We Share This Information
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Letsencode when we have your consent. This includes third party providers who offer products or services through our marketplace. These providers will each have their own privacy policies and will be identified in our Details for Specific Products and Services section.Within Letsencode. Information may also be shared within Letsencode to provide support and delivery of Services you purchase.
With Partners. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
- Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. We do not, however, share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information such as name or email address.) When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Universal Terms of Service; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Letsencode, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law. This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. Learn more about how we evaluate and respond to these requests here.
- New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Letsencode or a specific Service changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Details for Specific Products and Services
Additional privacy practices for certain Letsencode Services are included here.
Residents of GDPR Governed Countries
If you are a resident of a GDPR governed country, more information regarding your GDPR rights may be found here.
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Letsencode has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR by:
- using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
- writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – UK Representative
Pursuant to Article 27 of the UK GDPR, Letsencode has appointed EDPO UK Ltd as its UK GDPR representative in the UK. You can contact EDPO UK regarding matters pertaining to the UK GDPR by:
- using EDPO UK’s online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/
- writing to EDPO UK at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA Privacy Notice.
Your Brazilian Privacy Rights
If you are located in Brazil, you may learn more about your Brazilian privacy rights here.
Nevada State Privacy Law
Pursuant to Nevada law, you may direct a business that operates an internet website not to sell certain Personal Information a business has collected or will collect about you. Letsencode does not sell your Personal Information pursuant to Nevada law. For more information about how we handle and share your Personal Information, or your rights under Nevada law, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use 128-bit SSL security to encrypt any transmissions when you provide credit card information, personal data, etc. No method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under age 18 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
Data Processing and Transfers
Other Important Information
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at Let’s Encode Support or 1343-Ashulia, Dhaka,Bangladesh